Who Is the Hipster of the Decade?
Gawker wants to put the whole “hipster” thing to rest and in order to do so they are taking a vote on who wore the title the best this decade.
On the list:
- Kari Ferrell: The Hipster Grifter
- Gavin McInnes: Co-founder of Vice Magazine
- Carles: The non-face behind HipsterRunoff.com
- Paul Sevigny: DJ, Brother of Chloe.
- Dash Snow(RIP): Photographer
- Dov Charney: American Apparel CEO.
- The MisShapes: DJ trio.
- The Williamsburg Hair Man: Some guy that you’d only know if you lived in New York/read Gawker a lot.
- Blipsters: Black Hipsters
If you wore your pants tight and had your finger on the pulse these past 10 years you should know most of these names. So what do you think??
My vote is for Dov Charney. He helped create a complete lifestyle brand for the Hipster subculture with his Deep V’s and racy ads. Basically, if American Apparel didn’t exist, what would hipsters have worn for the past 5 years. I think that thought alone might sway some opinions. Though, a lot of people already disagree. Carles from Hipster Runoff has 39% of the votes.
What's Your Reaction?
Nope, Hipster Grifter all the way.
The only thing Dov should be serving is jail time for unending sexual harassment and assault of his emplyess.