Jumpsuits have been making a comeback for awhile. Not until they were ID’d as a trend during Spring/Summer 2008 Fashion Week did I think it could happen. So far they’ve stayed under mainstream radar, but over the summer they have made an appearance on a few of Hollywood’s fashion forerunners at some of the biggest red carpet events.
- Gwyneth Paltrow wore Stella McCartney to the premiere of Iron Man in May.
- Selma Blair wore a sparkly Marchesa version to the premiere of Hellboy 2 in June.
- In the last month, Maggie Gyllenhaal wore a Stella McCartney to the Dark Knight premiere
- Amber Tamblyn was next at the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 premiere
- Then, Amy Adams wore a colorful Louis Vuitton (2009 Resort Collection) to a Vanity Fair party.
Could this be the jumpsuit’s big break? Is it stayin’ alive?